When you’ve been arrested or charged with a crime, it can be one of the most difficult moments of your life. Knowing that your reputation, career, and even freedom are on the line means that you need to take urgent action.
Read on to learn more about the top five reasons why you could benefit from hiring a criminal defense attorney for your case.
Five Reasons to Consider Hiring a Criminal Defense Lawyer
- They Have Experience Where It Counts – One of the most important reasons why hiring a criminal defense lawyer is important is that it allows you to seek counsel from someone with experience defending clients who have faced similar charges to yours.
- They Understand the System – Good criminal defense lawyers not only understand the relevant laws—they understand the legal terrain in your area. For example, a well-connected criminal defense attorney knows other lawyers, prosecutors, and judges. These connections matter when it comes to giving you the best defense possible.
- Your Case Will Get the Attention It Deserves – Some public defenders are good at what they do—but not all. But even if you get a good public defender, their caseload all but ensures that they won’t be able to give your case the care and attention that it deserves. With your life on the line, you can do better.
- Criminal Defense Firms Have Better Resources – Criminal defense lawyers only take on as many cases as they can handle at a time. However, they also get assistance doing research, filing briefs, and finding evidence from other lawyers and invested parties.
- They Could Save You from the Worst Penalties – Criminal charges carry different types of penalties and consequences. When you bring on a criminal defense lawyer to go to bat for you, you’re going with someone who knows how to fight for the range of options available to you as a defendant. An experienced criminal defense attorney can fight for your charges to be reduced or even dropped outright in some cases.
Get Help from a Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
Are you facing criminal charges in Fort Worth? Let an experienced criminal defense lawyer from The Law Offices of Jeff C. Kennedy fight for you.
Call 817-605-1010 or fill out the form below for more information.